- Ties in with the 300th anniversary of Capability Brown’s birth in 2016. At the same time, a lottery-funded national campaign will raise awareness of this national hero through the press and special events.
- An accessible book that looks at the life, influences, techniques and works of the man who changed the face of Britain.
- Illustrated throughout with over 120 colour photographs, plans and paintings of his works.
- New edition of the bestselling guide to National Trust gardens, including updates to previous entries plus completely new entries.
- Vivid descriptions of the National Trust’s unparalleled collection of gardens, accompanied by stunning new photography.
- Includes practical advice on various aspects of gardening from the National Trust’s head gardeners.
- Make some garden friends – an array of plants, animals, insects, birds and other wildlife that will help you maintain a happy, healthy outdoor space.
- Practical advice on which garden friends to encourage – from slug-munching toads to aphid-repelling marigolds – and the small changes needed to your garden to keep them there.
- Whether you want to experiment with companion planting, pest control or simply need some plants to do the work for you, gardening in harmony with nature has never been easier.
- The latest offering from Pavilion's modern gardening series shows you how to transform every nook and cranny into a sensational green space
- Featuring 26 inspirational real-life gardens and 10 ingenious practical projects
- The blend of lifestyle features and hands-on advice makes this a must-have title for green gardeners and seasoned growers alikeLearn More
- A beautifully illustrated guide to the best of the National Trust's collection of great gardens.
- Filled with evocative descriptions of each garden, from its creators and owners to its planting and design.
- Includes fascinating insights into growing some the world's most important and rare plants.Learn More
- A glorious celebration of the country's most spectacular gardens, looked after by the National Trust.
- Packed with inspiration for beautiful borders, colourful plants, growing herbs and vegetables and creating interest with topiary, water and architectural detail.
- A seasonal delight that will ensure enjoyment of the great outdoors all year long.
- With a foreword from English gardener and television presenter Rachel de Thame.Learn More
The National Trust has the finest collection of gardens ever assembled under one ownership – the greatest in number, diversity, historic importance and quality. Taken together they contain the world's most important collection of cultivated plants, distinguished for their beauty, rarity, historical interest and scientific value. In this book Stephen Lacey paints a vivid historical and horticultural picture of the individual gardens, placing them firmly within the context of gardening history in Britain.Learn More